INTER-District Transfer Requests
Student Services is accepting INTER-District Transfer Requests (students wishing to enroll in CUSD who reside outside of CUSD Boundaries) for the 2015-2016 school year only at this time. We will begin accepting applications for the 2016-2017 school year on April 1, 2016. You must provide documentation to support your reason for the transfer request.
Please complete the INTER-District Transfer Request and either mail it in or drop it off in the receptionist area of the CUSD Office.
Thank you for your cooperation. We look forward to working with you.
INTER-District Transfers (Incoming or Outgoing to/from CUSD)
The Inter-District Transfer process applies to those parents who wish their children to attend school in a district other than their district of residence. All Inter-District Transfer requests must be initiated in the district of residence. Inter-District Transfers are valid for one year only and must be renewed annually. An approved Inter-District Transfer must be in effect between the district of residence and the school district of desired attendance before a student can attend the desired school.
The following conditions apply:
- When a students' residence is changed, the parent or guardian shall notify the school of the change in residence promptly.
- Transportation, if needed, shall be the responsibility of the parent/guardian.
- Childcare, if needed, shall be the responsibility of the parent/guardian.
- Students admitted to CUSD under the Inter-District Transfer process shall be assigned to schools where space is available at the discretion and determination of CUSD administration.
- All students and schools are subject to all California Interscholastic Federation (CIF) athletic eligibility rules and regulations. Approved transfers should not be understood to mean that any CIF rules or regulations have been waived.
- A student, parent, or guardian found to have given a false address and/or other pertinent data as a basis for enrollment in any school in the district shall have the transfer revoked. The revocation shall be immediate and notice promptly given to the student and parent/guardian.
- If an INTER-District transfer request is denied, you have the opportunity to appeal the decision to OCDE within 30 calendar days.
- The transfer committee will consider transfer requests based on the date the request was submitted and the reasons given for requesting the transfer. If an outgoing transfer request is denied, the parent will receive a denial letter from Student Services.
- Transfers will be granted based on space availability after all students residing within CUSD are placed. Students requesting a specific program, not available at their resident school, will be given priority as will students who are in good standing academically and conduct-wise.
- CUSD reserves the right to deny transfer requests or release students for the following reasons: adverse impact on ethnic balance; insufficient state aid; lack of documentation concerning employment within the identified district; lack of facilities either district wide or in a specific attendance area/school; lack of suitable or impacted special education programs; student history of unsatisfactory attendance; behavior, or academic performance.