This dynamic presentation is designed to promote unbiased information that will help parents better understand adolescents' concept of marijuana as well as the impacts marijuana has on our youth. Relevant for parents of elementary through high school aged youth, the information in this presentation helps to navigate the unknown territory so many of our kids are already comfortable with. Youth are also invited to the presentation with a parent.
Topics covered include:
1. Marijuana trends as they pertain to youth use.
2. Modalities and methods of marijuana consumption as they relate to youth.
3. The impact of marijuana on the developing brain and learning.
4. Why students are so confused about the impacts of marijuana use as legislation and legalization takes hold.
5. Why youths' perception of harm is decreasing in states that have legalized marijuana.
6. Resources that aid in supporting students as they navigate this paradigm
Presented by Molly Lotz, LCSW
Co-founder of Marijuana Education Initiative
Thursday, January 19th 2017
33122 Valle Road
San Juan Capistrano, CA